Preview: Argentina - Nigeria
FINAL 2008 Beijing Olympics


On Saturday all eyes will see if Argentina can win the gold for the 2nd CONSECUTIVE time. I want them to win it. It would be unbelievable if they can't beat Nigeria but can Brazil. Here's what captain Juan Roman Riquelme said in Spanish, August 21, 2008, on Diario Ole.
"I want to win to give happiness to the country and because it's my last opportunity. I wanted to be here. I was never in the Olympic games. I don't think I can be in another one"

About Brazil's victory:

"About Brazil, it was nice but it already passed. It won't be worth anything if we don't beat Nigeria and we stay with the gold medal. Just like when it wasn't worth anything the beautiful we played in the América, because then we lost the final with Brasil and everything fell apart."

"For me it's very important to arrive to the final, but we have to win it. Beating Brazil was very special for many reasons, but nobody will remember it if we lose the final."


Your thoughts?

blog comments powered by Disqus