Argentina 1-0 Nigeria

Final, 2008 Beijing Olympics,
9pm USA Pacific Time LIVE on CNBC
11pm on Delay in Spanish, on Telemundo

Finally at a decent time 9pm. The other games at 3am were difficult to follow. I'm sacrificing my Friday night to see it live on CNBC then I want to watch it in Spanish. I hoped Telemundo would air it live too. Andres Cantor, Argentinean TV narrator, and Messi, Riquelme- the best combination on TV.

Was going to go to a local Argentinean restaurant. I just called and they said they were booked. I would have gone to chant with other fans!

-- 1st half All Nigeria. Nigeria knows exactly what to do. Put 3 or 4 guys around Messi. Close the middle. Riquelme hasn't even seen the ball. The only player who's been creating chances unmarking himself, running down the middle. Angel Di Maria. I wouldn't replace him with Lavezzi at all. I would replace El Kun with ACosta.

-- 2nd half- what a disappointment. By minute 70, Argentinean players started 'wasting time.' Sergio Romero got a yellow card, Riquelme didn't take a free kick quickly - yellow card. In Injury time, Riquelme also. Naturally the referee extended the game 50 more seconds. A bit lazy. At least 2 goals and ont just one. Why Monzon would allow so much space on the left side to Nigerians? Zabatela excellent going forward, outrun and beaten when he's defending on the left-side.

Changes- Lavezzi in the 91st minute? Why didn't Batista put him instead of Sosa? Another midfielder. I wanted another goal

Your thoughts? Final score? 3 key players for Argentina to win it? What did you think of the game?

blog comments powered by Disqus