Three more days for Argentina v. Ivory Coast in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I hope Argentina can keep the gold medal just like in the 2004 Athens Olympics.

"La Selección del Checho Batista," the team of Checho Batista [Argentina coach] is one of the favorites to win, along with Brazil and the Netherlands. I include Serbia from Group A to go through to the quarterfinals and be the surprise team.

"La Pulga," (the flea) as 'Leo' Messi is called in Argentina, said in Spanish, on Sportia, by TyC Sports, on August 4, 2008, that "there were never any problems" with Juan Román Riquelme. "The relationship was always the same," Messi said. The media had speculated that there was a conflict after the tie with Ecuador during the qualifying games.

On winning the Gold medal:
"For me and for all the players it would be great to win. We came to win the godl medal. We're going to go slowly and hopefully we can achieve it."

About the conflict between Barcelona and FIFA:
"What I did was what I had to do. We hope this situation doesn't repeat itself. Batista understood me and my teammates also. They had no problems waiting for me."
source: www.jjoo.clarin.com

- Your thoughts on Messi's statements?

blog comments powered by Disqus