Except for the 2 missed penalties in a row in Argentina v. Serbia. He had a good 2008 Beijing Olympics, preliminary round.

It's clear Batista considers Di Maria the substitute for Sergio El Kun Aguero. In the first game Argentina v. Ivory Coast, he did help create goal chances for Messi. Argentina v. Serbia- Hard to forget the 2 missed penalties. I'm a fan of Stojkovic's goalkeeping abilities so I can't believe he saved it twice.

---How was Di Maria important in the 3 Argentina games? Does he deserve to be a substitute of El Kun Aguero?

He currently plays with Benfica, in the Portuguese League, Liga Sagres. He'll be missing of course, tomorrow's Eusebio cup. Here's a short interview with him talking about getting back to Benfica.

Pre-season training with Benfica?
Good. I talked a few times with Maxi Perreira. I'm up to date with everything's that's happening. I'm happy because everything's going well and they're working hard.

You're starting pre-season training late, will it affect you?
No I don't think so. It happened last time when I came back from the Under-20 world cup last year. I'm calm. when I go back I'm going to work next to my teammates.

See the 30-second videoclip of him saying this in Spanish with Portuguese subtitles:

August 14, 2008. Click Benfica comprou passe do jogador argentino Di Maria na totalidade



-- How would you rate Angel Di Maria in the 4 Argentina games in the 2008 Beijing Olympics? Are you a fan of Angel Di Maria?

blog comments powered by Disqus