Angel Di María returned to Portugal and is training with Benfica. On August 26, 2008:

"Hopefully I can play more than last season. I want to show what I'm capable of."

About transfer talk: "My mind is with Benfica. What happens outside is not important."

In an interview with Argentinean radio Radio Mitre:
"I'm very good in Benfica and I'm comfortable there. Anyway, the offers that can appear for my transfer it's something I leave in the hands of my agent. For my part I only need to be calm and concentrate on playing soccer. If something convenient for me does appear, I might leave."

About being in Alfio Basile's list for ARgentina's next two WC 2010 qualifyers: "I'm very happy with the call up for the games against Paraguay and Peru, because it was an objective that I always fought for and finally was able to achieve."
Your thoughts on Di Maria staying after so much transfer talk?

blog comments powered by Disqus